Leave Your Limitations Behind… Go BeyondRAID®
Built on our award-winning BeyondRAID technology, the Drobo B1200i protects your data without any intervention – even in the event of multiple drive failures. You can even switch from single to dual disk redundancy with a single click, ensuring enterprise-level dual parity data protection when required. Drobo’s with BeyondRAID are also self-healing and have virtual hot-spares. If a drive happens to fail, Drobo will automatically re-layout the data to return to a protected state without disruption.
Drobo takes the up front guess work out of determining the amount of capacity you require. Buy the capacity you need today, and when you need more storage, simply replace your smallest drive with a larger one and immediately use that capacity in seconds. You can even mix and match drive brands, capacities and speeds.
To further enhance your experience, every Drobo comes with Smart Volume technology. Smart Volumes® are thinly provisioned volumes that automatically utilize capacity as needed from a common pool of storage. Additionally, as data is deleted, free capacity is returned to that common pool, immediately increasing the available capacity.
BeyondRAID along with Smart Volumes deliver next-generation storage technology by bringing together enhanced data protection, reliability, expandability, and ease-of-use.
Pain Free Expansion
Expanding your storage capacity with a Drobo couldn’t be easier. There’s no long, risky process to add capacity to a Drobo – no need to go through the time consuming and complex administration of destroying your RAID sets and recreating with larger drives; and then finally restoring from your backup. When it’s time to add storage capacity to a Drobo, simply insert additional disk drives or replace the smallest disks with larger ones. The unique, carrier-less drive-bay design results in efficient and pain free scalability that won’t leave you running out of space when you need it most.
If you’re running low on space, the lights on the front of the Drobo B1200i tell you exactly what to do. The innovative, user-friendly industrial design allows you to add or hot-swap larger capacity drives, without tools, on the fly, for storage expansion with zero downtime. Expand your capacity without missing a beat while safely storing, sharing and backing up all your data with ease and peace of mind. It’s that simple!
Automated Data-Aware Tiering
The Drobo B1200i moves beyond the days of manually tuning an array for applications that have different storage requirements. Automated Data-Aware Tiering leverages high-capacity hard disk drives (HDDs) paired with high-performance solid state drives (SSDs) to deliver application-optimized storage that requires no manual tuning.
Data-Aware Tiering automatically and seamlessly migrates the most frequently accessed data to the faster SSD drives and the less accessed data to the high capacity hard disk drives. As data access patterns change, the data is automatically relocated to maximize performance while still benefiting from the large capacity drives.
Build an iSCSI SAN with Drobo
Unfamiliar with iSCSI? iSCSI is a popular high-performance protocol for deploying storage networking technology in IT environments. The problem: it can be very complex to manage. The Drobo B1200i changes that by introducing zero-click iSCSI configuration for both Windows and Mac OS X servers.
With an iSCSI SAN, centralized storage is provided to each server over a high-speed Gigabit Ethernet network where it can be allocated or expanded instantaneously. Deploying a Drobo B1200i eases iSCSI adoption, simplifies administration, and allows you to consolidate storage so you have fewer devices to manage.
Designed for IT Environments
The B1200i is the first Drobo with serviceable modular components. This hardware design provides a removable controller card, dual-redundant hot-swappable power supplies, and a hot-swappable cooling fan unit. You can source field replaceable units for protection against a single hardware component failure to ensure maximum availability. The Drobo B1200i delivers the high level of availability demanded by virtualized IT environments.
The Drobo B1200i is ideal for building your first scalable backup server or server virtualization cluster. It is certified for VMware vSphere, Symantec Backup Exec and Veeam Backup environments.
Our world-class DroboCare support offers powerful protection for all Drobo products. Whether you depend on Drobo for your photo collection or critical business data, our trained professionals are available around the clock to help. In addition to extending technical phone support, DroboCare offers a wide array of benefits over our standard warranty including migration assistance, expedited hardware and rescue kits to ensure you get everything you need, when you need it.
- 4 x Gigabit Ethernet ports (one dedicated to management)
Drives and Expansion
- Up to to 12 3.5″ SAS 1/2 or SATA I/II/III hard drives or 2 to 3 solid state drives (with up to 9 hard drives).
- Drives of any manufacturer, capacity, spindle speed, and/or cache can be used. No carriers or tools required. Click here for drive recommendations.
- Expandable by adding drives or hot-swapping drives with larger ones. Use the Capacity Calculator to estimate available storage in various configurations.
- Thin Provisioning
- Instant Expansion
- Mixed Drive Size Utilization
- Automatic Protection Levels
- Single – or Dual-Disk Redundancy
- Virtual Hot Spare
- Data Aware
- Drive Re-ordering
- Drive bay indicator lights, capacity gauge, status lights
- Drobo Dashboard version 2.0 or later
Operating System Support
- Mac OS X 10.6 and higher
- Windows 10 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 8/8.1 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 7 32 and 64 bit
- Windows XP SP3 32 and 64 bit
- Windows Server 2012 32 and 64 bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 32 and 64 bit
- Windows Server 2003 32 and 64 bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (Intel only)
- VMware vSphere 5.0 – 6.0 (ESXi)
File System Options
- Mac OS X: HFS+
- Windows: NTFS
- Linux: ext3
- VMware: VMFS3, VMFS5
- CHAP Authentication
- Connection Failover
- Jumbo frames (up to 9000 bytes MTU)
- Carrier-less Drive Bays
- Field replaceable controller card, power supplies and cooling fan unit
Additional Software Features
- Automated Data-Aware Tiering (available in firmware version 1.1.0 or higher)
- Smart Volumes (LUNs, up to 255)
- Maximum System Capacity: 128TB
- Maximum Filesystem Volume Size: 64TB
- Drive Spin Down
- One (1) year warranty in the US or outside the EU or two (2) year warranty in the EU.
Size and Weight
- 3U Rack Mount Form Factor (rack mount kit included)
- Width: 17.17 in (436.1 mm)
- Height: 5.20 in (132.1 mm)
- Depth: 21.85 in (555.0 mm)
- Weight: 47 lb (21.3 kg) without hard drives, power supply, or packaging
Power and Cooling
- Dual, redundant, hot-swappable power supplies: AC Input – 100/240 VAC, 8/5 A, 50/60 Hz
- Redundant, hot swappable cooling unit
- Operating Temperature: 10°C – 35°C (50° – 95°F)
- Non-Operating Temperature (storage): -10° – 60°C (14° – 140°F)
- Operating Humidity: 20% – 80%
- Environmental: RoHS, WEEE, REACH
- Regulatory: FCC Part 15 Class A; Canada ICES-003 Class B; CE Mark; CISPR22 Class B; MIC Mark; VCCI Approval to V.3; BSMI Approval to CNS13438; ACA Approval to AS/NZS 3548
- Safety: UL, cUL, TUV, CB
- Drobo B1200i
- 2 x 6 ft (1.8 m) power cord with power supply
- Rack mount parts
- Rack Mount Installation Guide
- Getting Started Guide
- Drobo Resource CD, which includes the Drobo Dashboard application
eParcel generally takes 2-10 business days to be delivered depending on final destination.
eParcel Express generally takes 1-3 business days to be delivered depending on final destination.
Other prefered partner
• Local Express:Delivered in 1-2 Business Days
• Nationwide Delivery: 1-4 Business Days*
• Nationwide Express: Next Business Day*
*Allow extra days for regional areas
Following are the contact details of the freight companies we use:
- Australia Post - eParcel
Ph: 13 62 45
- Couriers Please (NSW)
Ph: 1300 PLEASE
- Fastway Couriers (NSW)
Ph: (02) 9737 8288
- Star Track Express
Ph: 13 23 45
- AIR ROAD Express
Ph: 1300 237 824
- Allied Express
Ph: 13 15 21
- Australian Air Express
Ph: 13 12 13
- Toll Ipec
Ph: 1300 865 547
IN STORE PICK UP IN SYDNEY
Usually 24 hours after placing your order.