High-Speed Color Laser All-in-One for Mid-Size Workgroups
The Brother™ MFC-L9550CDW provides easily-managed, low-cost color printing for mid-sized workgroups. Its low cost per page makes it ideal for demanding multi-user environments. It boasts features typically reserved for all-in-ones with a much larger footprint and price tag. Enterprise-level security, such as NFC card reader and Active Directory help administer color print controls and other machine functions, as well as provide user authentication. Brother Solutions Interface allows developers to access the machine's internal web services to customize solutions. Features automatic duplex printing, plus single-pass duplex copying and scanning. Easily navigate menus and access popular cloud services‡ via the 4.85" color TouchScreen display. Plus, the MFC-L9550CDW supports printing from and scanning to mobile devices‡.
- High-quality color printing. With print speeds up to 32ppm in both color and black, you no longer have to wait for high-impact business documents.
- Low cost color printing. Ships with super high-yield 6,000-page‡ toner cartridges that boast a color cost per page that's up to 50% less than comparable color laser models‡.
- Flexible connectivity. Print, scan or PC fax over your wireless or Ethernet network or connect locally to a single computer via USB‡.
- Enterprise level security. Provides a wide-range of security features including: secure print, Secure Function Lock, SSL, Enterprise Security (802.1x), network user authentication and corporate email address lookup via Active Directory (using LDAP). In addition, a NFC card reader helps administer color print controls, other machine functions or 3rd party solutions.
- Advanced duplex capability. Two-sided printing to help save paper. Plus, scans both sides of the page in a single-pass for fast, two-sided copying, scanning, faxing
- 4.85" color TouchScreen display. Offers intuitive menu navigation, shortcuts, and scanning to popular cloud services‡ including: BR-DOCS, EVERNOTE®, DROPBOX, GOOGLE DRIVE™, ONENOTE®, and more
- Flexible paper handling. The MFC-L9550CDW features a 250-sheet capacity tray that is adjustable for letter or legal-size paper, plus a 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray. An optional 500-sheet capacity paper tray‡ is available for additional capacity.
- 50-page capacity auto document feeder. Convenient for copying, scanning or faxing multi-page documents (up to legal size).
- Legal-size document glass. Easily copy or color scan bound materials or up to legal-size documents.
- Advanced scanning capabilities. Supports a variety of "scan to" functions including: E-mail, file, image, OCR, FTP, Secure FTP, Microsoft® SharePoint®, USB, Network Folder (CIFS - Windows® only) and E-mail Server‡. Advanced scanning features including base color (background) removal, ID Scan‡ continuous scanning‡ and blank page skip‡ help ensure your scans come out right the first time.
- Help control your printing costs. Use the Secure Function Lock feature to set page counts or restrict printing on a per user or group basis (supports up to 100 users).
- Convenient mobile device printing & scanning. Print from your mobile device via‡: AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Mopria™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, and Wi-Fi Direct®. Plus, wirelessly scan to your mobile device with the Brother™ iPrint&Scan app.
- Walk-up printing and scanning. Features a front-access USB Direct Interface to directly print from and scan to your USB flash memory drive‡.
- Outstanding customer support. The Brother™ MFC-L9550CDW offers a 1 year limited warranty with free phone support for the life of your product.
‡Conditions †System Requirements
The Brother™ MFC-L9550CDW is ideal for mid-sized workgroups looking for a color laser all-in-one to provide easily-managed, low-cost printing and copying, plus faxing and advanced scanning capabilities in demanding, multi-user applications. It ships with a super high-yield black toner cartridge that offers a low cost per page of just 2 cents1, as well as super high-yield color toner cartridges that provide a low 7.5 cent color cost per page1 that’s up to 50% less than comparable color laser models2. It features a variety of enterprise-level security options, including a built-in NFC Card Reader to help protect critical business information as well as the Brother Solutions Interface, which allows developers to create customized workflow solutions. It prints high-impact color business documents at up to 2400 x 600 dpi. With print speeds up to 32ppm in both color and black, automatic duplex (two-sided) printing, plus time-saving single-pass duplex copying and scanning, the MFC-L9550CDW will help increase the productivity of your entire workgroup.
With an optical scan resolution of up to 1200 x 2400 dpi3, the MFC-L9550CDW can scan single documents with stunning clarity via the legal-size document glass. Scan multi-page documents up to legal size, using the 50-page capacity automatic document feeder. Single-pass duplex copying, scanning, and faxing captures both sides of a page in one pass, to help save time. You can even scan multiple documents to a single PDF.
- Scan to a variety of destinations, including file, image, OCR, e-mail, Microsoft® SharePoint®4, e-mail server5, FTP, Secure FTP, cloud services (via Web Connect)6, network folder (CIFS-Windows® only) or to your USB flash memory drive plugged directly into the unit’s convenient front access port7.
- Scan documents and send them via secure e-mails quickly and easily without disrupting workflow, using Protected Trust8 encrypted email services.
- Advanced scanning features including base color (background) removal, ID Scan4, continuous scanning4, and blank page skip4 help ensure your scans come out right the first time.
- Scan documents to your compatible Apple® iOS, Android™, Kindle Fire™, or Windows® Phone mobile device via the free Brother™ iPrint&Scan app9.
Brother designed the MFC-L9550CDW to help SMBs keep their printing budgets in line, with an acquisition cost significantly lower than the purchase or lease cost of many centralized floor units. It also features many ways to make the most of your business printing budget, including:
- Ships with super high-yield toner cartridges (TN-339 BK/C/M/Y) that print approximately 6,000 pages1 black and color to provide low cost printing.
- Two-sided (duplex) printing automatically produces two-sided color documents to help save paper.
- ENERGY STAR® Qualified with Deep Sleep Mode that uses less than two watts of power when not in use.
The MFC-L9550CDW offers enterprise-level security capabilities often reserved for more costly business all-in-ones:
- Active Directory (using LDAP) for network user authentication and corporate email address lookup.
- Built-in NFC Card Reader for simple, walk-up authorization to release print jobs, and to access other machine functions using a compatible NFC card or badge10.
- Secure Function Lock for restricting or granting access on a per user or group basis, for up to 100 users, plus the ability to set color page counts or restrict color printing.
- Additional security features including SSL, Secure Print, Enterprise 802.1x and more.
The MFC-L9950CDW features the Brother Solutions Interface (BSI), which allows developers access to the machine’s internal web services. They can then create customized workflow solutions to implement a company-wide print strategy, rules-based printing and cost recovery. One such example is the ability to integrate PaperCut™8, a powerful print cost allocation tool that helps save paper and reduce costs.
Flexible Paper Handling Helps Handle Demanding Workgroup Printing, Copying, Scanning and Faxing.
The MFC-L9950CDW features a 250-sheet capacity paper tray that adjusts to hold letter or legal paper and a 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray for envelopes and thicker media. If you want more paper capacity, you’ll appreciate the ability to add a 500-sheet capacity add-on tray (LT325CL)11 to expand to an 800-sheet total capacity that can help reduce time-consuming paper refills.
Access popular cloud services directly from the 4.85” Color Touchscreen Display using the exclusive Brother Web Connect Interface6. This allows you to print from and scan to specific cloud services using an Internet connected Brother MFC-L9550CDW without using a computer. Access DROPBOX, BR-DOCS®, EVERNOTE®, GOOGLE DRIVE™, ONENOTE®, ONEDRIVE®, and more.
It’s easy for your entire workgroup to share the MFC-L9550CDW on a wireless network or on a wired network via Ethernet. Download and install BRAdmin Professional software12 to give administrators the ability to configure many of the network and printer functions via an Explorer-style window. You can log the status and activity of the MFC-L9550CDW, as well as other Brother devices on your network. Plus, the USB Direct Interface on the front of the unit provides convenient walk-up printing and scanning via your USB flash memory drive7.
Your workforce as well as visitors to your office will appreciate the convenience of printing wirelessly9 from a compatible Apple® iOS, Android™, Kindle Fire™, or Windows® Phone mobile device. Print via AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, the free Brother™ iPrint&Scan app, Mopria™, Wi-Fi Direct®, or Cortado Workplace.
At Brother, our goal is to provide you with printers and all-in-ones that you can depend on to consistently deliver high performance, reliability, and value for your business. But don’t just take our word for it. In 2013, Brother Printers and All-in-Ones were recognized as #1 for Reliability and #1 for Overall Satisfaction in the PCMag.com Business Choice Awards, an annual reader-driven survey on hardware, software, and services used in business environments. But our commitment doesn’t stop there: we offer a one-year limited warranty on the MFC-L9550CDW and stand behind your purchase with FREE phone support for the life of your product. Whether you have a product question or a technical issue, Brother is always at your side.
- Additionally, a survey of Brother color and monochrome laser printer and all-in-one customers revealed that 93% of Brother laser owners are satisfied with the reliability of their Brother laser printer and that 91% of Brother laser owners would recommend Brother laser printers to a friend, family member or colleague.
©2013 Ziff Davis, Inc. All rights reserved.
Apple and AirPrint are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Use of these trademarks is subject to Apple permissions. Android and Google Cloud Print are trademarks of Google Inc. Use of these trademarks is subject to Google permissions. Kindle, Kindle Fire, and Amazon are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Windows, Windows Phone and OneDrive are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. Use of these trademarks is subject to Windows permissions. Cortado is a trademark of Cortado AG. Mopria is a trademark of the Mopria Alliance.
1 Based on approximate yields in accordance with ISO/IEC 19798 (Letter/A4) at MSRP.
2 Cost per page claim based on MSRP of Brother Toners TN339 Super High Yield BK/C/M/Y in accordance with ISO/IEC 19798 and includes MSRP of Drum Unit DR331CL vs. manufacturer published website pricing for the highest capacity laser supplies available for competing in class color laser printers sub $799.00 (USD). Competing information was obtained from manufacturers’ websites as published August 2013 using GAP TCO.
3 From document glass.
4 Feature available using Brother Control Center.
5 Requires SMTP/POP3 mail server support.
6 Requires internet connection and account with desired service. See connectprintshare.com for more details.
7 USB drive sold separately. Print JPEG, PDF, and XPS files.
8Additional licensing fee may be required. For more information, visit brother-usa.com.
9Requires connection to a wireless network. See connectprintshare.com for more details, availability and mobile device compatibility.
10Not compatible with all NFC formats. Works with Secure Function Lock or third party solutions. For a list of compatible NFC formats, please visit brother.com
11Additional purchase required
12Windows only. Available as a free download at solutions.brother.com.
|Print Technology||Color Laser Technology|
|Consumable Type||4 Toner Cartridges and Drum|
|Max. Black Print Speed (ppm)||32ppm Black|
|Max. Color Print Speed (ppm)||32ppm Color|
|Print Resolution (maximum dpi)||Up to 2400 x 600 dpi|
|Printer Driver Compatibility†||Windows® & Mac OS® & Linux|
|Emulation(s)||PCL6, BR-Script 3‡|
|Copying Capability||B/W & Color Copying|
|Max. Automatic Document Feeder Capacity‡||50-Page ADF|
|Max. Black Copy Speed (cpm)||32cpm Black|
|Max. Color Copy Speed (cpm)||32cpm Color|
|Stand-alone Copying||Yes (no PC required)|
|Reduction/Enlargement||25% - 400%|
|N in 1 Function||2in1 / 4in1|
|Document Glass Size||Legal|
|Scanning Capability||B/W & Color Scanning|
|Scan Drivers Included ‡||TWAIN, WIA, ICA, ISIS, SANE|
|Max. Interpolated Scan Resolution (dpi)†||19,200 dpi x 19,200 dpi|
|Optical Scan Resolution (dpi)||Up to 1200 x 2400 dpi‡|
|Mobile Device Scanning App‡||Brother™ iPrint&Scan free app download for wireless printing from and scanning to your mobile device. For more information, please click here|
|"Scan To" Feature†||E-mail, Image, OCR, File, FTP, Secure FTP, USB, Microsoft® SharePoint®, Network Folder (CIFS- Windows® only), E-mail Server‡|
|Scan File Formats||TIFF/Multi-page TIFF/BMP/PNG/JPEG/PDF/Secure PDF/Searchable PDF/XML/DOCX/PPTX|
|Scanner Driver Compatibility†||Windows®/Mac OS®|
|Document Viewer Software†||Includes Nuance™ PaperPort™ SE with OCR for Windows® and Presto!® PageManager® for Mac®|
|OCR Software†||Includes Nuance™ PaperPort™ SE with OCR for Windows® and Presto!® PageManager® for Mac®|
|Faxing Capability||B/W Faxing|
|Fax Modem Speed||33.6K bps|
|PC Fax Capability (send/receive)†||Yes|
|Best Transmission Speed (sec)‡||Approx. 2.5 seconds per page|
|Call Waiting/ Caller ID/ Distinctive Ring Ready‡||No/No/Yes|
|External TAD Interface||Yes|
|Total Auto Dial Locations||300 locations|
|Broadcasting (# of locations)||Yes (350 locations)‡|
|Quick Scan (Memory Transmission)‡||Approx. 2.5 sec/page|
|Fax Page Memory‡||Up to 500 page fax memory|
|Auto Fax Receive Date/Time Header||Yes (Monochrome only)|
|Document Memory Backup||Yes|
Conditions Paper Handling
|Standard Input Paper Capacity (sheets)‡||300-Sheet Input Capacity|
|Multi-purpose Tray||50-Sheet Multi-Purpose Tray Capacity|
|Output Paper Capacity (sheets)||150 sheets (face down)|
|Optional Paper Capacity (sheets)||LT-325CL (500 sheets)‡|
|Duplex Printing Capability||Yes|
|Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray||Letter, Legal, Executive, Folio, A4, A5, B6|
|Paper Handling Size - Multi-Purpose Tray||Width 3.0" to 8.5", Length 5.0" to 14"|
|Sheet Weight - Paper Tray (max/min)||16-28 lbs.|
|Sheet Weight - Multi-purpose Tray (max/min)||16-43 lbs.|
|Minimum Input for ADF (Width/Height)||5.8"/5.8"|
|Max Input of ADF (Width/Height)||8.5"/14"|
|Sheet Weight - ADF (max/min)||17-24 lbs.|
|Recommended Paper Brands||Plain Paper: Xerox 4200 20 lb., Hammermill Laser Paper 24 lb., Labels: Avery Laser Label #5160, Glossy Paper: NewPage Futura Laser Gloss 80 lb Text/32 lb Bond, Xerox Digital Color Elite Gloss|
|Media Type||Plain Paper, Thin Paper, Thick Paper, Thicker Paper, Recycled Paper, Bond, Label, Envelope, Env. Thin, Env. Thick, Glossy Paper‡|
Conditions Connectivity & Compatibility
|Standard Interface(s)||Wireless 802.11b/g/n, 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet and Hi-Speed USB 2.0|
|USB Direct Interface/PictBridge‡||Yes/No|
|Standard Network Features†||Printing, Scanning, PC Fax|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Mopria™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, and Wi-Fi Direct®|
|Web Connect‡||BR-DOCS, GOOGLE DRIVE™, EVERNOTE®, ONEDRIVE®, ONENOTE®, DROPBOX, box, FACEBOOK™, FLICKR®, and PICASA Web Albums™|
|Brother Cloud Apps‡||Office Print, Outline&Copy, Outline&Scan, Easy Scan to E-mail, NoteScan, Office Doc Creator, CreativeCenter®,|
|Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)||ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA(Auto IP), WINS/NetBIOS name resolution, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, POP3, SMTP Client, IPP/IPPS, FTP Client and Server, CIFS Client, TELNET Server, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, HTTP/HTTPS server, TFTP client and server, ICMP, Web Services (Print/Scan), SNTP Client, LDAP, IMAP4|
|Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)||NDP, RA, DNS resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, IPP/IPPS, POP3, SMTP Client, FTP Client and Server, CIFS Client, TELNET Server, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, HTTP/HTTPS server, TFTP client and server, ICMPv6, SNTP Client, LDAP, Web Services (Print/Scan), IMAP4|
|One-Push Wireless Configuration||AOSS™, Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ capable routers|
|LCD Display||Yes, 4.85" Color TouchScreen display|
|Standard Memory (MB)||256MB Memory|
|Optional Memory (MB)||Yes (max. memory up to 512MB)‡|
|Toner Save Mode||Yes|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||75,000 printed pages|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||Up to 5,000 pages|
Conditions Security Features
|Wireless Network Security||WEP 64/128 bit, WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (AES), 802.1x (LEAP, EAP-FAST, PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS)|
|Security Functions||Secure Print, Setting Lock, Secure Function Lock, Store Print Log to Network, Active Directory (LDAP), NFC card reader‡|
|802.1x Enterprise Security||EAP-MD5, EAP-FAST, PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS (Ethernet),LEAP, EAP-FAST, PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS (Wireless)|
Conditions Power & Operating Requirements
|ENERGY STAR® Qualified||Yes|
|Power Source||110V-120V AC 50/60Hz|
|Power Consumption - Deep Sleep / Ready / Printing / Copying||1.8W/65W/565W|
|Operating Environment: Temperature||50° F - 90.5° F|
|Operating Environment: Humidity||20-80% (w/out condensation)|
|Machine Noise (Ready/Copying)||28 dB/55 dB|
|EPA ENERGY STAR® TEC Value||2.365 kWh/Week|
Conditions Dimensions & Weights
|Carton Dimensions (W"xD"xH")||26.0" x 24.6" x 27.5"|
|Carton Weight (lbs)||80.2 lbs.|
|Unit Dimensions (W"xD"xH")||19.3" x 20.7" x 20.9"|
|Unit Weight (lbs)||67.4 lbs.|
Conditions What’s Included
|"In-box" Consumables/Yield‡||1) TN339BK Standard Yield Black Toner Cartridge (6,000 pages)
(1) TN339C/TN339M/TN3339Y (6,000 pgs each)
(1) DR331CL Drum Unit (25,000 pgs)
|Carton Contents||(1) TN339BK Standard Yield Black Toner Cartridge (6,000 pages‡)|
(1) TN339C/TN339M/TN339Y (6,000 pgs‡ each)
(1) DR331CL Drum Unit (25,000 pgs‡)
AC Power Cord
Quick Setup Guide an
Skycomp Technology uses the best carriers in the business to make sure your order gets to you on time.
Australia Post eParcel
eParcel generally takes 2-10 business days to be delivered depending on final destination.
We recommend you use this service for PO Box or if you believe your delivery address will be unattended as you will be able to collect this from your local Post Office.
Australia eParcel Express
eParcel Express generally takes 1-3 business days to be delivered depending on final destination.
We recommend you use this service for PO Box or if you believe your delivery address will be unattended as you will be able to collect this from your local Post Office.
Other prefered partner
• Local Express:Delivered in 1-2 Business Days
• Nationwide Delivery: 1-4 Business Days*
• Nationwide Express: Next Business Day*
*Allow extra days for regional areas
All orders will be shipped from our Australian (NSW/QLD/VIC/WA) warehouses. More than 95% order are shipped via Australia Post E-Parcel and some from our preferred Partner listed below:
Following are the contact details of the freight companies we use:
IN STORE PICK UP IN SYDNEY
Usually 24 hours after placing your order.
Have you considered this?