Draytek Vigor2862L VDSL/ADSL2+ Multi Wan Gigabit 4G Modem Router DV2862L
- Card slot for FDD & TDD 4G LTE SIM card
- VDSL2/ADSL2+, Gigabit Ethernet WAN port, 1 x USB port, and 1 x 4G LTE SIM card slot for failover and load-balancing
- 1 x USB 2.0 port for connection to 4G LTE USB mobile, FTP server and network printer
- 4 x Gigabit LAN ports with multiple subnets and 50,000 NAT sessions
- IPv6 & IPv4
- Increased IP addresses (1022) and IP subnets (8)
- Object-based SPI Firewall and CSM (Content Security Management) for network security
- 16 x VLANs for secure and efficient workgroup management
- 32 x VPN tunnels (including 16 x SSL VPN tunnels) with Load Balance and Redundancy
- Fast VPN throughput, VPN load-balancing and backup for site-to-site applications
- High Availability mode
- Embedded Central VPN Management for 8 remote Vigor routers
- Central AP Management for deployment of multiple wireless VigorAPs
- Works with Smart Monitor Network Traffic Analyzer (30-nodes)
- Works with VigorACS 2 Central Management for multi-site deployment
- 2 years back to base warranty
The Vigor2862L router has most of the functions of the Vigor2862 series routers, plus a slot for a 4G LTE mobile broadband SIM card. The supported SIM cards include those from the major broadband service providers in Australia, Telstra, Optus, Vodafone, etc., as well as those in New Zealand, Spark, 2Degrees and Vodafone with speeds up to 150Mbps downstream and 50Mbps upstream.
In addition to the 4G LTE mobile broadband, the Vigor2862L has other WAN interfaces including 1 x VDSL2/ADSL2+, 1 x Gigabit Ethernet WAN and 1 x USB port for a 3G/4G mobile dongle.
The Vigor2862L can connect to the Internet through any of these interfaces, or with a combination of interfaces for Load Balance and Failover functions. Like the Vigor2862 series, this router supports business features including an object-oriented SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection) firewall, IPv6, 32 x VPN tunnels (including 16 x SSL VPN tunnels), tag-based VLAN, multiple subnets, etc.
For mission critical applications, the Vigor2862L router can be used in High Availability mode to provide uninterrupted network connectivity, if there is a hardware failure occurrence in the primary router.
The LTE feature makes the Vigor2862L series router an ideal solution for applications such as:
- Remote locations with no fixed line or NBN coverage.
- Quick setup for new branches waiting for xDSL/Ethernet WAN (e.g. NBN).
- Load Balancing or Failover backup for an existing primary Internet connection which can be any of ADSL/VDSL/Cable/Ethernet broadband.
- Temporary installations such as disaster recovery and emergency situations, exhibitions, sporting events, etc., where Internet access is required for a short period.
- Provision of Internet access on public transport such as coaches, buses, trains, freighters, etc.
The Vigor2862L series router can be rack mounted using a 1RU rack mount bracket on a standard 19” rack or cabinet.
- Increased number of IP addresses supported IP Pool Count (up to 1022) for LAN1~3 subnet, compared to 253 for Vigor2860L series
- Increased number of IP subnets (8 in Vigor2862L series compared to 5 in Vigor2860L series)
- Increased number of VLANs (16 in Vigor2862L series compared to 8 in Vigor2860L series)
- Faster processor in Vigor2862L
- Faster NAT/Firewall throughput in Vigor2862 series compared to Vigor2860 series (400Mbps for Vigor2862 series vs 300Mbps for Vigor2860 series)
- Faster VPN throughput in Vigor2862L
- Additional LTE bands are now supported. Band 5 (850 MHz) and band 28 (700 MHz) ensuring greater coverage in Australia and New Zealand.
1. LTE Function The Vigor2862L router has a SIM card slot for a FDD/TDD LTE/4G category 4 mobile broadband modem. The 4G/LTE SIM card slot allows you to insert a SIM card from your service provider and have Internet access without the need to use additional hardware. It is protected by a cover.
The Vigor2862L router has 2 LTE antennas. A 1 metre extension lead with a magnetic base allows the antennas to be placed in the best position for optimum 3G/4G reception.
LTE/4G Specification LTE/4G category 4 150Mbps downstream and 50Mbps upstream 4G LTE FDD Band: 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 28 4G LTE TDD Band: 40 3G WCDMA Band: 1, 2, 5, 8
The SMS feature allows status and alerts to be sent by the router, or an IT admin can reboot or configure the router with a pre-configured host.
2. WAN Connectivity The Vigor2862L router supports 4 types of WAN Interfaces, including an ADSL2+/VDSL2 WAN interface, a Gigabit Ethernet WAN interface, a USB port for a supported USB 3G/4G USB modem, and a card slot for LTE 4G/LTE modem. Additionally the Wi-Fi WAN can be tethered to a Wi-Fi hotspot such as a 4G Wi-Fi modem for Internet access.
3G/4G mobile broadband access can be achieved through either a SIM card in the 4G LTE SIM card slot, or a USB dongle in the 3G/4G USB port.
With between 2 to 4 WAN interfaces connected, you can configure for Load Balancing or Failover. For example, you can use WAN 1 as your primary Internet connection and have a failover connection over a 4G LTE connection.
3. LAN and VLAN The Vigor2862L has 4 x Gigabit LAN ports and supports with 50,000 NAT sessions.
The Vigor2862L supports both port-based and 802.1q tagged VLANs. Port based VLANs allow the assignment of a VLAN and IP subnet to each router LAN port. On the other hand, 802.1q tagged VLANs can extend up to 8 VLANs and the IP subnets to an attached switch.
4. Quality of Service (QoS) QoS functions allow the network administrator to set priorities for certain types of traffic to guarantee the required level of performance for data flow. For example, real-time traffic such as VoIP or Video over IP can be prioritised as these have less tolerance over delays caused by network congestion.
The traffic type can be assigned to each of the three QoS classes and reserved bandwidth allocated.
5. Firewall The Vigor2862L has powerful firewall features including object-oriented SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection) firewall, DoS (Denial of Services), CSM (Content Security Management) and WCF (Web Content Filter).
Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) Firewall monitors incoming and outgoing packets at layer 3 (OSI model) and passes or blocks the data packets based on the configuration.
The DoS feature protects the network for unwanted access requests from DoS attackers.
CSM enables network administrators to control and manage IM (Instant Messenger) and P2P (Peer-to-Peer) applications, for instance, to keep network users from accessing inappropriate contents and ensure that network traffic flow efficiently.
WCF classifies all websites into 64 categories, and allows network administrators to select categories to protect the users from undesirable website content. DrayTek uses the CYREN WCF database for its Vigor routers, and each router includes a free 30-day trial license.
The object-based firewall provides flexibility by using Objects in the firewall settings. Objects can be created and placed in groups for IP, service type, keyword, file extension, etc. This allows a filter rule to be applied to many IP addresses, reducing number of firewall filters required. In addition, these objects and groups can be reused for other firewall settings resulting in reduced amount of work required to create multiple firewall rules.
Firewall rules can be applied according to a Time Schedule to control access to the Internet or network services according to predetermined time slots. Up to 4-time schedules can be applied to each firewall filter rule. For example, social media can be restricted during work hours and be allowed during off work hours in a company.
6. VPN & SSL-VPN Vigor2862L supports up to 32 simultaneous VPN tunnels, of major protocols such as IPSec/PPTP/L2TP, including 16 SSL VPN tunnels protocol. The dedicated VPN co-processor supports the hardware encryption of AES/DES/3DES, hardware key hash of SHA-1/MD5, and LDAP authentication, and ensures that VPN traffic is secure and performance is maximised.
The SSL technology allows secure Web encryption such as those used for on-line banking. With Vigor2862L, you can create SSL VPN in Full Tunnel mode or Proxy mode.
Furthermore, since the Vigor2862L supports multiple WANS Ethernet and 3G/4G, you can create VPN Trunking for VPN Load Balance and VPN Backup. For instance, you can use a number of connections to a site to increase the bandwidth, or have a backup connection when the primary connection fails.
7. Central VPN Management Instead of normal method for VPN connection through web browsers, Vigor2862L supports Central VPN Management (CVM) which utilises TR-069 protocol. You can create VPN tunnels with just a few mouse clicks on the icons representing your local network (e.g. public places such as a café) and remote locations (e.g. branch or home office), and the router will establish the connection automatically. This takes away the tedious process required for VPN tunnel creation.
As well as simplifying creation of VPN tunnels, CVM also provide a console to monitor multiple CPE devices and VPN tunnels. This includes displaying the CPE devices on a Google Map.
Other features include scheduling of CPE configuration backup/restore tasks as well as scheduled firmware upgrade of the CPE devices. Up to 8 DrayTek CPE devices are supported.
8. Remote Access Management The Vigor2862L includes a number of management options to provide both local and remote access to monitor and manage the router.
The TR-069 feature integrates with the VigorACS 2 centralised management system. This can be used to allow system integrators or network administrators to configure, monitor and manage the Vigor2862L remotely from the comfort of their offices or homes. It can also be used to Auto-Provision the Vigor2862L remotely by sending configuration data to the router. There are 3 wizards: Configuration Wizard, VPN Wizard and Firmware Upgrade Wizard. These allow network administrators to quickly and easily carry out complex tasks.
Alarm & Log Management features ensure real time notifications and alerts to specified phone numbers or email accounts in relation to any faults or issues of the connected CPEs.
A number of diagnostic functions are also available for the network administrator to monitor and troubleshoot any network issues. These include Data Flow Monitor, Traffic Graph and Syslog Explorer, etc.
Like all Vigor routers, Vigor2862L supports management options include HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SSH, Telnet and SNMP.
9. High Availability Mode High Availability mode in the Vigor2862L router provides hardware redundancy in the network by the use of one or more Vigor2862L routers in a group that can be configured for Hot-Standby or Active-Standby. High Availability is essential in mission critical applications where the network as well as Internet connectivity needs to be available 100% of the time. Should a hardware failure occur in the primary router, the standby router will immediately come on line to provide uninterrupted network connectivity.
Key features of High Availability mode are:
WCF License share (Hot-Standby only): Network administrators can create a High Availability group on MyVigor website and include at most 8 routers to join the group and share the same WCF license. Only 1 router (the primary) can use the license at a time, and when the primary router goes down, the secondary router will come up and register to MyVigor server and continuously provide firewall protection to LAN clients. It means only one WCF license is required per High Availability group. Configuration Sync (Hot-Standby only): Every configuration/modification made on the primary router will be synchronized to the other group member(s) ensuring that network functionality is identical should the primary router fail. DDNS Update:For dynamic WAN IP users, High Availability group members can share the same DDNS account, that when secondary router become primary, it will update the DDNS profile so the network can still be accessible via the same DDNS domain.
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 Years Limited Warranty