NaturalPoint TrackIR 5 6DOF Head Tracker NAT-TIR5PRO
Customer Also Viewed
Experience real time three dimensional view control in computer games and simulations just by moving your head! NaturalPoints TrackIR takes your favourite games to astonishing new levels of realism and immersion. As you move in your chair and rotate your head small amounts your game view will instantly correspond. Youll never have to look away from your monitor because all aspects of your motion are amplified and the required amount of physical movement is totally user configurable.
The TrackIR pack contains a small wide angle infra red camera and a reflector clip which mounts on to the brim of a baseball style cap. The camera detects light reflected from the hat clip and tracks the movement of the reflections in order to provide precise input to programs that support axis based controls. In short, TrackIR turns your head movements into in game movements.
This TrackIR version provides a full six degrees of freedom (aka 6DOF), supporting the X, Y and Z axes, yet amazingly also allows for yaw, pitch and roll movements. For instance, this unique input system enables a virtual pilot to completely freely look around the cockpit of their aircraft, swinging around control columns and zooming in on instruments or switches. Physically move slightly upwards and forwards in your seat to check your virtual rear vision mirror, or easily keep your eyes on a bandit and bring your target into the gun sights. While not all games support full 6DOF, most support at least two, required for free look movements.
The camera itself is tiny, measuring only a few centimetres in all directions. With its flexible feet, TrackIR is simple to mount to the top of your screen type of choice and connects via USB port. Installing the software is a breeze and youll be up and running in moments.
In motor racing titles, flight sims, first person shooters and an expansive range of other genres, TrackIR stunningly breaks down major input barriers. Youll find it not only greatly increases situational awareness and game interactivity, but on a fundamental level TrackIR enhances your experience and enjoyment of the digital environment. An absolutely must have gaming input device, TrackIRs ease of use and effectiveness in operation ensure that after a very short time, youll find it totally indispensable!
* Wide 51.7 degree field of view.
* Two to five foot range.
* Hyper fast 120 frames per second sample rate.
* 6DOF vector technology.
* Improved ambient light filtering.
* 640 x 480 raw sensor resolution.
* 96000 x 72000 reporting resolution.
* 9ms response time.
* 6 foot USB cable.
* Detachable magnetic base.
* Easy mount flexible feet.
Popular Supported Game Titles:
* ArmA II, III, Take On Helicopters & Day Z.
* DCS A-10C Warthog, P-51D Mustang & Black Shark.
* Flight Simulator X, 2004 & 2002.
* X-Plane & X-Cockpit.
* IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs Of Dover & 1946.
* LockOn Modern Air Combat, Flaming Cliffs 1 & 2.
* Rise Of Flight.
* GTR & GTR 2.
* DiRT, DiRT 2 & DiRT 3.
* F1 2010, F1 2011 & F1 2012.
* RACE & RACE 07.
* ToCA Race Driver 2.
* X Motor Racing.
* Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising.
* Ship Simulator 2006 & 2008.
* Star Wars Galaxies Jump To Lightspeed.
* Trainz Classics, Railroad Simulator 2006, 2010 & 2012.
* Virtual Sailor.
* TrackIR 5.
* Reflector track clip.
* Electronic users manual.
* Quick start guide.
Minimum System Requirements:
* Microsoft Windows 2000 & later, both 32 & 64bit versions.
* USB port.
* Internet connection for driver software download & updates.