- ACL, 802.1X Authentication, Port Security, IP Filtering, Storm control, DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard and DoS Defend provide you robust security strategy
- Single-IP-Management supports virtual stack of 32 units
- L2/L3/L4 QoS and IGMP snooping optimize voice and video application
- SNMP, RMON, WEB/CLI/Telnet Log-in bring abundant management policies
What This Product Does
Designed for workgroups and departments, TL-SL5428E from TP-LINK provides full set of layer 2 management features. It delivers maximum throughput where you need it - to high-performance workgroups at the edge of the network, or as a backbone for Fast Ethernet switches and high-speed servers indemanding small networks. Moreover, TL-SL5428E switch also comes equipped with 2 combo SFP slots, giving you greater network flexibility.
This TP-LINK L2 managed switch has robust security and management features. An advanced Access Control List (ACL, L2 to L4) and the TP-LINK strong safeguard provide security coverage from core to edge and protect against broadcast storm, ARP and Denial-of-Service(DoS) attacks, etc. Quality of Service (QoS, L2 to L4) provides enhanced traffic management capabilities to move your data smoother and faster. Anymore, the easy-to-use web management interfaces, along with CLI, SNMP and RMON, mean faster setup and configuration with less downtime. For workgroup and departments requiring cost-sensitive Layer 2 Switch, and additional Gigabit capability, TP-LINK L2 fully managed Switch TL-SL5428E can provide you the ideal access-edge solution.
The TP-LINK fully managed L2 switch TL-SL5428E provides non-blocking switching solution for a 10/100Mbps fast Ethernet connection. As to the switching capacity, TL-SL5428E has a non-blocking aggregated bandwidth of 12.8Gbps. It provides 24 10/100Mbps ports and 4 gigabit 10/100/1000BASE-T ports. In these gigabit copper ports, two of these ports are combo gigabit ports, which will be disabled if the corresponding 1000BASE-X SFP slots are used. It can give you greater network flexibility.
IP Clustering allows up to 32 TL-SL5428E switches to be managed by a single IP, regardless of geographical locations. With all units identified by a single IP address, the stack could be configured, monitored, maintained as a single object.
Traffic running across units in this virtual stack utilizes full-duplex interfaces and network wires, eliminating costly and cumbersome cables, minimizing the impact of any single point of failure.
Comprehensive Security Strategy
Access Control Lists (ACL, L2 to L4) restrict access to sensitive network resources by denying packets based on source and destination MAC address, IP address, TCP/UDP ports and even VLAN ID. This is done by hardware, so switching performance would not be compromised.
Moreover, the TL-SL5428E switch supports 802.1X authentication, which is used in conjunction with a RADIUS server to require some authentication information before access to the network is allowed. And more, it supports Guest VLAN to enable the non-802.1X clients to access the specific network resource. In addition,IP-MAC-Port-VID Binding, Port Security, Storm control, DHCP Snooping and IP Source Guard support can protect against broadcast storms, ARP and Denial-of-Service(DoS) attacks, etc. Regarding to the DoS defending, TL-SL5428E provides you some typical DoS attacks to select. You can protect these attacks more easily ever than before. TL-SL5428E will provide you robust security to the network.
Enterprise Level Manageability and Resiliency
TL-SL5428E supports various user-friendly standard management features,such as intuitive web-based Graphical User Interface(GUI)or industry-standard Command Line Interface(CLI), either administration traffic can be protected through SSL or SSH encryptions. SNMP (v1/2/3) and RMON support enables the switch to be polled for valuable status information and send traps on abnormal events. This sharing of vital management information saves time and money. With link aggregation, spanning tree protocol(STP/RSTP/MSTP)and virtual stack, a highly intelligent and scalable topology could be established, fulfilling the enterprise customers´ requirement of building a unified, resilient network.
Optimized Voice and Video Applications
To integrate voice, data and video service on one network, TL-SL5428E applies rich QoS policies. Administrator can designate the priority of the traffic based on a variety of means including IP or MAC address, TCP or UDP port number, etc, so voice and video are always clear, smooth and jitter free. In conjunction with the Voice VLAN the switch supporting, the voice applications will operate with much smoother performance.
For other multimedia-on-demand application such as IPTV, TL-SL5428E provides advanced features for easy stream management. For example, IGMP snooping ensures the switch intelligently forward the multicast stream only to the appropriate subscribers while IGMP throttling & filtering restrict each subscriber on a port level to prevent unauthorized multicast access.
- Link aggregation (LACP) increases aggregated bandwidth, optimizing the transport of business critical data
- IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree, provides high link availability in multiple VLAN environments.
- Support IEEE 802.1d/w Spanning Tree (STP/RSTP)
- IGMP snooping allows the forwarding of multicast packets such as streaming audio and video, without increasing network broadcast congestion.
- Non-blocking Layer 2 Switching Capacity
- GVRP (GARP VLAN Registration Protocol) allows automatic learning and dynamic assignment of VLANs
- Supports 4K active VLAN groups and 4K VLAN IDs
- Q-in-Q increases the network scalability by providing a hierarchical structure
- Supports 802.1P, Class of Service (CoS) with 4 priority queues per port
- Rate limiting confines the traffic flow accurately according to the preset value
- Supports multiple industry standard user authentication methods such as 802.1x, RADIUS Authentication, Supports 512 IP-MAC-Port-VID Binding entries
- IP Source Guard prevents IP spoofing attacks such as DoS
- Port Security enhances the security of all ports
- L2/L3/L4 Access Control Lists restrict untrusted access to the protected resource
- Virtual stackable provides high scalability and easy Single-IP-Management
- Supports Telnet, Cisco like CLI, SNMP v1/v2/v3, RMON and web access
- Supports SSL and SSH encryptions
- Port Mirroring enables monitoring selected ingress/egress traffic
|Standards and Protocols||IEEE 802.3,IEEE 802.3u,IEEE 802.3ad,IEEE 802.3x,IEEE 802.1D,IEEE 802.1s,IEEE 802.1w,IEEE 802.1Q,IEEE 802.1x|
|Interface||24 10/100Mbps RJ45 Ports|
(Auto Negotiation/Auto MDI/MDIX)
4 10/100/1000Mbps RJ45 Ports
(Auto Negotiation/Auto MDI/MDIX)
2 Gigabit SFP Ports
1 Console Port
|Network Media||10BASE-T: UTP category 3, 4, 5 cable (maximum 100m)|
EIA/TIA-568 100O STP (maximum 100m)
100BASE-TX/1000Base-T: UTP category 5, 5e cable (maximum 100m)
EIA/TIA-568 100O STP (maximum 100m)
1000BASE-X: MMF, SMF
|Dimensions ( W x D x H )||17.32*9.06*1.73 in.(440*230*44 mm)|
|Power Supply||100~240VAC, 50/60Hz|
|Stacking||32 Units Virtual Stacking|
|MAC Address Table||8k|
|Packet Forwarding Rate||9.5Mpps|
|Jumbo Frame||10240 Bytes|
|Quality of Service||4 Queues/Port 802.1p/IP DSCP based COS,TOS|
|L2 Features||IGMP Snooping: V1/V2/V3|
802.3ad with LACP
Spanning Tree STP/RSTP/MSTP
|VLAN||Port/ Tag-based/Private/Protocol-based VLAN/|
Q in Q,GARP / GVRP
|Access Control List||Packet Flow Filter; Packet Flow Redirection;|
Time Range Based; Flow-based QoS
IEEE 802.1X (Radius):Port/MAC Based, VLAN assignment, Guest VLAN, QoS assignment,
Dynamic ARP inspection (DAI)
Broadcast Storm Control
IP Source Guard
|Management||System Diagnose: VCT|
RMON: Group 1, 2, 3, 9
Command Line Interface: Telnet/Console
Time Setting: SNTP
Firmware Upgrade: TFTP & Web
DGCO Client & BOOTP Client
SYSLOG & Public MIBS
|Package Contents||Switch; Power Cord; Quick Installation Guide;|
Resource CD; Rackmount Kit; Rubber Feet
|Environment||Operating Temperature: 0?~40? (32?~104?);|
Storage Temperature: -40?~70? (-40?~158?)
Operating Humidity: 10%~90% non-condensing
Storage Humidity: 5%~90% non-condensing
eParcel generally takes 2-10 business days to be delivered depending on final destination.
eParcel Express generally takes 1-3 business days to be delivered depending on final destination.
Other prefered partner
• Local Express:Delivered in 1-2 Business Days
• Nationwide Delivery: 1-4 Business Days*
• Nationwide Express: Next Business Day*
*Allow extra days for regional areas
Following are the contact details of the freight companies we use:
- Australia Post - eParcel
Ph: 13 62 45
- Couriers Please (NSW)
Ph: 1300 PLEASE
- Fastway Couriers (NSW)
Ph: (02) 9737 8288
- Star Track Express
Ph: 13 23 45
- AIR ROAD Express
Ph: 1300 237 824
- Allied Express
Ph: 13 15 21
- Australian Air Express
Ph: 13 12 13
- Toll Ipec
Ph: 1300 865 547
IN STORE PICK UP IN SYDNEY
Usually 24 hours after placing your order.
Have you considered this?