HPE Aruba OfficeConnect 1420-16G 16-port Gigabit Unmanaged Switch - JH016A
Picture shown is for illustration purpose only
Please refer to Manufacturer SKU for the exact details
Customer Also Bought
Customer Also Viewed
The HP 1420 Switch Series consists of unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet switches, for small businesses and others looking for plug-and-play basic Layer 2 connectivity for their network, including low-cost PoE+ and 10-Gigabit uplink models. The HP 1420 Switch Series has four models: 16-port 10/100/1000; 24-port 10/100/1000 with two SFP Gigabit ports; 24-port 10/100/1000 ports of which 12 are PoE+ enabled (124W PoE budget); and 24-port 10/100/1000 with two SFP+ 10-Gigabit ports.
All are fanless. They come with a limited lifetime warranty and 24X7 phone support for the first three years of ownership.
High-performance GbE Layer 2 Switching, Cost-effective and Easy to Deploy
- The HP 1420 Switch Series offers small businesses and others Layer 2 Gigabit Ethernet switching with unmanaged affordability and plug-and-play simplicity.
- Gigabit Ethernet is the most recommended and deployed networking technology today, delivering 10x more performance than Fast Ethernet.
- Unmanaged switches are the most economical offerings, ideal for locations needing only basic Layer 2 switching in a flat single tier network.
Model Choices to Meet Most Design Needs for Basic Layer 2 Networking
- The 1420 Switch Series has four models to choose from, all with Gigabit performance but offering different uplink options. Consider the 16-port model for locations needing fewer connections, and one of the 24-port models where more connectivity is required.
- The HP 1420-24G-2SFP model with SFP uplinks is ideal where Gigabit fiber is required, while the HP 1420-24G-2SFP+ 10G Uplink model with SFP+ uplinks is available for where 10-Gigabit is needed now or in the future.
- Anticipate the installation of IP voice, or wireless Access points, or video surveillance cameras by deploying Power of Ethernet. Choose the PoE+ model for highly cost-effective Power over Ethernet deployments.
- All 1420 Switch Series models are fanless for silent operation, usable in office settings around workers. Units have internal power supplies with power-cord plug-in simplicity.
- Units can be deployed for desktop operation or can be rack mounted.
Automated Features for Hands-off Operation
- All models are plug-and-play with zero configuration and no required ongoing administration.
- The HP 1420 Switch Series has the company's only unmanaged Power over Ethernet model, with fully automated support for powering compatible IP phones, video surveillance cameras, or wireless Access Points.
- The HP 1420-24G-2SPF+ 10-Gigabit Uplink model requires no configuration beyond installation of optional 10-Gigabit transceivers to achieve 10-Gigabit speeds; alternatively, use today with Gigabit SFP transceivers if highest performance merely a future requirement.
- IEEE 802.1p prioritization and other QoS features automate the preferred handling of high priority traffic, including Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) set priorities.
- The Series supports Jumbo packets to improve the performance of large data transfers.
Cost-effective Ownership for Now and into the Future
- The HP 1420 Switch Series offers a cost-effective upgrade path to next-generation 10G networks to reduce performance bottlenecks when connecting to 10G storage and servers.
- The switch series includes Power over Ethernet (PoE+) options to power IP devices without the cost of additional cabling for power.
- Green features include energy-efficient Ethernet IEEE 802.3az, auto-power down mode on idle ports and power savings on short distance cables for low power consumption.
- The HP Limited Lifetime Warranty 2.0 with 3 years of 24x7 phone support keep support costs low over time.
Unmanaged Gigabit switch with 16 10/100/1000 ports. Plug-and-play, requiring no setup or administration. Fanless. Internal power supply.
(16) RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports Supports a maximum of 16 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports
Memory and processor
1 MB flash Packet buffer size: 512 KB
100 Mb Latency: < 8 µs 1000 Mb Latency: < 16 µs
up to 23.8 Mpps
100 - 240 VAC, rated
12 W (maximum)
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
26.6 x 16.2 x 4.4 cm
Limited Lifetime Warranty: See www.hpe.com/networking/warrantysummary for warranty and support information included with your product purchase.
|Dimensions||10.47 x 6.38 x 1.73 in (26.6 x 16.2 x 4.4 cm)|
|Data Tranfer Rates||Gigabit|
|Network Ports||16x RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports|
|Product||HP 1420-16G 16-port Gigabit Unmanaged Switch (JH016A)|
|Package Contents||(1) HP 1420-16G Switch (JH016A), (1) localized country power cord, (1) rack-mounting kit, (1) wall-mounting kit, (4) rubber feet, (1) documentation package (Quick Setup Guide, warranty information, and etc.)|
|Device Type||Gigabit Unmanaged Switch|
- Manufacturer Warranty
- Limited Product Lifetime Warranty
- Manufacturer Contact Info